Your Own Granola Bar Recipe
Making granola bars is super easy and so much better than the prepackaged bars. You can control the ingredients you put in, guarantee that you provide your child with a healthy snack without chemicals and preservatives. Not to mention high fructose corn syrup and the “good source of whole grain.” This is why I planned to find a good granola bar recipe to make good granola bar at home.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 5 cups quick cooking oats (organic)
- 1 1/2 tbs. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup carob chocolate chips (option)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a skillet toast lightly the coconut, hemp, chia, sunflower and sesame seeds and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix in the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the syrup and then mix in the oats, raisins, chocolate chips and the toasted ingredients.
- Press into a greased 12 x 18-inch cookie sheet and bake at 350° F in an oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool slightly and cut into squares while still warm.