What Can You Do With The Left Over Of Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner?
Thanksgiving dinner leftover can be easily transform into a feast of tastes and flavors that can nourish you for the next few days after the holiday dinner. Personally, I love turkey meat. If it is cooked well, it can turn out to be a great lean and moister protein source that can feed you later on during the week but also can be cooked again after the holidays season while celebrating greater delicious recipes.
1. Turkey Sandwiches
- 2-3 sliced roasted turkey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2-3 sliced of fresh tomatoes
- Fresh lettuce and arugula
- 1 sliced pickle
- 1 soft onion roll
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 2 sliced of bread or bagel
- Spread mustard on sliced bread
- Form turkey, tomato, onion, pickle and sprouts
You could also toast the bread first and add melted cheese
2. The Mediterranean Shawarma
- 1 cup of sliced turkey thigh without bone
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 sliced tomato
- ¼ chopped cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over a high flame until it is really hot. Add the olive oil
- Add the turkey slices. Cook till gets brown
- Add spices and stir until the turkeys gets golden (from spices)
- Serve immediately, with fresh salad.
3. Turkey Mixed
- 2 cups of chopped turkey meat
- 1/2 cup of chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- One chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce, gluten free preferred
- ¼ a teaspoon of: black pepper, white pepper, sweet paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt
- Cut turkey meat into cubes
- Mix all the spices and brown sugar together
- Brush meat with this mixture
- Heat a skillet with oil and put in meat.
- Fry on both sides, add soy sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Saute the red peppers and onions in a pan with meat until the onion becomes transparent
- Add meat to the pan, mix well.
- Add tomatoes
- And cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.