Tracking your daily calories intake? Track your eating patterns instead!
Confused? Most of us just don’t know how many calories we are eating, and if we do, we usually underestimate.
Do you really know how many calories are in your morning coffee, fresh bagel, muffin, salad dressing, or your Big Mac? You will be surprise to find out that there are many more calories than what you might be estimating.
A cup off coffee with whipped cream is about 700 calories; a muffin is about 450 calories; bagel is about 400 calories; 2 tbps of commercial salad dressing is about 300 calories; and a Big Mac is about 600 calories (no mayo, no ketchup – if you add up these substances you ending up with more calories. 2 tsp of mayo are about 60 calories, and 2 tsp of ketchup are about 45 calories).
Regardless of the number of calories in your food, you have to also think about the quality of food you are eating (vitamins, minerals and fibers that nourish your body). Achieving a healthy and balanced body requires planning, strategy and awareness.
Here are some guides for making better choices:
- Choose fresh big salad and ask for dressing on the side. Dip your fork into the dressing while eating.
- Reduce the quantities of grated cheeses by half.
- Go with simple small amounts of dressing: Eg. vinegar and oil.
- Skip the “crunchy” and “crispy” foods. It means fried fat.
- Eliminate these cooking methods: “sauté ” and “creamy”. It also indicates over use of fats.
- Cut out whipped cream and extra shots of chocolate in your coffee.
- Avoid snack sized bags. Remember, once you open the bag you most likely eat it all.
- Cut soda intake, drink more water.
- Measure your morning cereal.
Being are of what you eat will change your life for the better!
Schedule your free consultation with Chen Ben Asher today. The reason we have success is that we take the time to understand what’s happening inside your body on a cellular level, which, of course, brings real results to our clients!
It’s time to win your Health Back, and I am here to support You!
Free 20 Minutes Consultation HERE.
ONLINE/Virtual Consultations are now available. Click here to learn more!
BOARD CERTIFIED IN HOLISTIC NUTRITION; CHEN BEN ASHER PROVIDES A RANGE OF DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS TO SUPPORT YOUR BODY IN BEING HEALTHY. CHECK THEM OUT HERE.