Roasted Cauliflower Over Black Lentils (Energy Booster)
- 1 whole cauliflower breaks into bite-size florets
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- 1 cup of cooked black lentils, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of organic cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 large bowl of mixed greens: arugula, lettuce and/or spinach
- Preheat oven to 350-400 F.
- Line bite-size florets cauliflower over a baking sheet (parchment paper)
- Cover bite-size florets cauliflower with oil, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt and black pepper
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Set aside
Cooking Black Lentils:
- Add 1 cup of dry black lentils over 1.5 cups of boiled water
- Add 1 teaspoon of avocado oil, salt and black pepper
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the water is evaporated, and the legume is soft.
- Turn off the heat, set aside to cool down.
Creating The Energy Bowl
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower and the black lentils over the green bowl
- Add oil, garlic, salt and black pepper
- Drizzle with lemon, mix and enjoy!