Why not include this great vegetable into our soups and add more greens, fibers, and nutrients that can support our health. It takes about 40-50 minutes to make the soup, plenty for few days!
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed, chopped
- 1 finely chopped celery stalk
- 2 grated carrot on a grater
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1-2 mid-size potatoes, chopped
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth (organic and non-GMO)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 finely chopped onion
- In a large pot, place onions, leeks and kale, cook for 2 minutes over a ¼ cup of water until getting soft. Stir.
- Add the water, broth and the rest of the chopped vegetables, stir
- Bring to a boiling point, reduce heat and cook for 25-40 minutes (carrots and potatoes needs to get soft)
- Adjust flavor with salt and pepper