More and more of my clients are looking for an instant solution to losing weight. Despite the fact that they do not eat fried foods, sugary treats or giant portions, their attempt to lose weight is not successful. Even if they exercise daily and excessively, their weight remains the same, and in some cases even go up.
One of my recent clients came back for a nutritional consultation, after following 14 months of local weight loss program (no name!). The symptoms of nutrient deficiency were manifested all over her body; cracks on several teeth, hair loss, fatigue, sweet cravings, and worse of all for her and the most visible difference- gaining back all the pounds she lost.
Obviously, losing weight involved more than one factor. The ability of our body to reach the desired body weight is a result of full attention on the quality and the quantities of real foods we are consuming. Just love eating!
Personally, I don’t believe in instant diets, “safety” magic pills, or “genie” in a bottle sacked drinks. Enough researches have proven that taking this approach will harm your body, at the end of the day. It is neither healthy nor safe. Nothing happens overnight. Permanent diet changes (like any other changes you made in your life), regarding our weight and health, takes time. If you chose to design a better diet plan that will take into consideration all factors involved in maintaining your body weight, your health, and livelihood – the overall benefit of doing so, will be greater than just losing weight.
Voilà! – The Green Booster Salad with Radicchio, Orange & Chia Seeds
A big size green salad is always a great addition to boost your day and to lose weight. Try this great recipe, share it, and pass it to your friends!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 cups of organic chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of organic chopped radicchio
- 2 peeled & chopped organic oranges
- 2 tbs of organic chia seeds
- 1 squished lemon juice
- 2 tbs of Hymalian salt
- 2 tbs of organic cold press olive oil
- Mix all leaves in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, Himalayan salt & lemon till you get an even consistency (you can always flavor it with more lemon. If you make this recipe in order to lose weight, keep up with the oil amount of 2 tbs)
- Incorporate the lemon sauce with the leaves
- Sprinkle on the top of the leaves the peeled chopped oranges and the chia seeds, and mix