Healthy Cinnamon Apple Recipe
- 4 pounds apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or organic, non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Over medium-high heat, place the coconut oil and apples into a large skillet and toss until the apples are coated in oil.
- Mix together apple juice, honey, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and add to apples, tossing to cover. Cover and simmer on medium low.
- After about 5 minutes, uncover and toss again. If the mixture has not thickened, wait a little longer for it to evaporate or add the arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and serve hot.
Cinnamon is a popular spice around the world because of the flavor benefits of cinnamon in a recipe. What most people don’t know, is that there are also health benefits of cinnamon too!