Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn Free
Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
(Yes, it tastes great, nobody will ever know!)
Homemade is always better!
4 ½ pounds turkey wings, cut in half
1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
6 fresh Italian parsley sprigs (leaves removed)
1 fresh bay leaf
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
¼ tsp whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange wings in large roasting pan. Roast until deep brown, turning once, about 2 hours total.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl. Spoon 3 TBSP of fat from the roasting pan into a large pot (reserve roasting pan.) Add onion, celery, and carrot to the pot. Sauté over medium-high heat until vegetables are golden, about 20 minutes. Add turkey wings to the pot. Add 2 cups of water to the roasting pan; place over 2 burners and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits. Add liquid to the pot. Add remaining ingredients to the pot and enough cold water to cover wings by 1 inch.
- Bring water to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat, simmer uncovered and stock is very flavorful and reduce to 7 ½ -8 cups, about 2 ½ hours. Strain stock into a large bowl. Cool 1 hour, then chill until cold, about 3 hours. Skim off fat from surface before using.
- I do not recommend store bought stock or broth unless it specifically says GLUTEN FREE.
- Better if all vegetables are organic and fresh