Creamy Carrot w/ Ginger and Sweet Potato Soup
Soup is a super great comfort food, warming and easy to make, a perfect addition to our holiday season.
Not only is this soup packed with antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamins A, E, K & C, but it’s also a fantastic source of fibers. The addition of the herbs, spices, ginger, and garlic are a great support to our immune system passing the coming winter cold days safely.
It balances the production of free radicals from cell damage, helps to form collagen we need to heal from wounds and kill off cancer cells, due to the polyacetylenes in carrots.
It’s elegant, colorful, gluten free, and tasty to eat.
- 6-8 Organic Cut Carrots
- 1 tbsp organic cumin powder
- 2 chopped organic onions
- 1 tbsp organic black pepper
- 2-4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1-2 cups of scooped baked butternut squash
- 1 tbsp organic cinnamon
- 2 organic chopped oranges
- 4 tbsp of peeled and thinly sliced fresh organic ginger
- 1 tbsp organic curry powder
- 1 tbsp organic coriander
- 2 cups of organic, gluten free, no MSG chicken or vegetable mineral broth
- Bring a pot of water to boil, low simmer and keep cooking for 30-45m while adding the ingredients
- Add carrots, onions, oranges – cook for 15m or till vegetables are tender
- Then add the scooped butternut squash, ginger
- After add herbs & spices
- Add mineral broth
- Before serving pure all in a blender (add water if needed to thin, but keep in mind this soup is meant to be a thick soup)
- Season with ginger, salt, pepper or any of the spices
Chen Ben Asher, a Certified Nutrition Consultant MA, CNC, FLT, QRA Nutritional Testing, Member of The National Association of Nutrition Professionals, provides nutritional care for those wanting to improve their quality of life through a Specific, Measurable, Action-based, Realistic and Time-lined programs based on science, real foods, and medicinal foods. Her effective, holistic nutritional approach will support you on your life’s journey to achieve your body’s optimal wellness by losing weight while gaining health.