Cinnamon is consumed in large quantities around the world because of its flavor functionality within recipes. But, is cinnamon good for you?
Did you know that there are many health benefits of cinnamon that can improve your bodily functions as well? Eating a teaspoon of cinnamon every day can make a notable difference in your ability to lose weight.
Here are just a few ways that the health benefits of cinnamon can assist your weight loss journey:
- Controls Insulin and Blood Sugar Levels – High blood sugar caused by an influx of insulin levels can result in excess fat build up if it’s not burned as energy. Insulin levels and the corresponding blood sugar amount can be controlled by your diet. For example, cinnamon is able to imitate the activity of insulin in your body as well as lower a meals glycemic index, resulting in fewer weight loss struggles.
- Speeds Metabolism – Eating cinnamon speeds up your metabolism, just like when you eat a hot pepper! Altering the metabolism of carbohydrates in your body like this can result in a higher calorie burn rate.
- Burns Abdominal Fat – Belly fat can be dangerous because it indicates larger risks of diabetes and heart disease. Cinnamon is shown to help fat cells burn off lipids, resulting in less fat accumulation in this area.
- Suppresses Appetite – The movement of food into your stomach can be slowed down with the consumption of cinnamon. This process being slowed down will alleviate the tendency to overeat, resulting in an easier weight loss journey!
- Suppresses Sweet Cravings – Cinnamon is a spice with an underlying sweet quality. Consuming cinnamon can relieve you of sweet cravings, resulting in less sugar intake and a more manageable nutrition plan.
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol – LDL cholesterol is known as the bad cholesterol. Cinnamon was shown to reduce LDL cholesterol as well as BMI in a study on diabetes. Adding a dosage of cinnamon to your nutritional plan is great for your heart and will likely reduce body weight!
So is cinnamon good for you? We think so! Eating a teaspoon of cinnamon a day doesn’t seem so hard when you know all of the health benefits of cinnamon that it can help you lose weight and support your body. Simply add the spice to soup, smoothies, tea, oatmeal, or basically any dessert!
Did you know?
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) is a tree belonging to the Lauraceae family. The bark of the tree is what is used as a spice.
- True cinnamon or Ceylon cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka (formerly known as Ceylon).
- In the Middle Ages, cinnamon was only affordable by the wealthy elite of society. The number of spices people could afford determined their rank.
There are many health benefits of cinnamon. It is an excellent source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium It has a positive impact on the treatment of diabetes by a regulatory effect on blood sugar, arthritis, lower high cholesterol, memory function, and even leukemia and lymphoma.
- Cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections.
- Two teaspoons of cinnamon has about 12 calories
Medicinal properties of ‘true’ cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum): a systematic review. Accessed from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24148965rel=”nofollow”
6 Ways Cinnamon Can Aid Weight Loss. Accessed from: http://idealbite.com/cinnamon-for-weight-loss/rel=”nofollow”
MEET CHEN BEN ASHER
Chen uses Functional Nutrition to help you find answers to the root causes of your illness and address the biochemical imbalances that may trigger your health and weight. She uses cutting edge lab testing and design the nutritional program to your specific needs as an individual. Food, supplements, lifestyle changes will have integrated to bring balance
If you are looking for personalized nutritional support, we highly recommended contacting Mor’s Nutrition & More Wellness Center in Cupertino, California today.