Making the Most of Your Fruits and Veggies
While you may be spending more time indoors as a result of the current virus, it would be a good idea to create a routine of healthy diets that include lots of fresh fruits and veggies to enhance your immune system.
Even though you might be craving your favorite carb-loaded comfort food, you should try to consume more Fruits and Veggies that contain a lot of nutrients that would greatly enhance your health and wellbeing. (1) So the next time you visit the grocery store, you should load up some more apples, bananas, grapes, watermelons, papaya, melons, green peas, kale, spinach, and loads of other fruits and Veggies that would help enhance your immune system.
Making the Most of Your Fruits and Veggies – Eating a healthy diet that is rich in protein, vitamins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats can act like medicine in fighting against infectious diseases. With enough fruits and veggies in your diet, you could also prevent chronic diseases such as stroke, high BP, diabetes, and heart disease. Fruits and Veggies are known to contain a high amount of vital nutrients such as Vitamin C, potassium, folate, and fiber which, can wade off health conditions like foggy brains, weight gain, and poor mental health. (2) To enable your immune system to function at an optimum level, I will always recommend these nutrients.
Making the Most of Your Fruits and Veggies – Are you worried that your fruits and veggies could get rotten within a few days? I’ll suggest you get a perfect mix of fruits and veggies with both a short and long shelf. After shopping, you should start with the fruits and veggies with a shelf life of 1-7 days. Some of these are broccoli, berries, tomatoes, and leafy greens. Some other fruits and veggies such as potatoes, cabbage, rutabagas, kiwis, carrots, celery, squashes, pomegranates, and cauliflower could remain fresh for as long as 14 days. (3) You could create a weekly plan to maximize your effort. When stored in an ideal condition, some fruits and veggies such as garlic, beets, citrus, apples, parsnips, and onions can stay fresh for up to a month. You could consider getting some of these to prevent frequent grocery store visits.
Why eat more fruits and veggies?
- Excellent source of minerals and vitamins – Did you know the best nutritional source of vitamins and minerals are fruits and veggies? They are satisfied with phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, and folic acid and as lots of Vitamins A, C, and E. One of the most beneficial minerals for your health is potassium. You could get this from eating loads of bananas, sweet potatoes, prunes, avocados, and tomato paste puree. (4)
- Enjoy different tastes and textures – have you always wanted an opportunity to be creative in the kitchen? Now is the best time to create unique and refreshing flavors with your fruits and veggies. (5) For a sweet taste, you should consider fruits like grapes, pineapples, and plums, lemons, and grapefruits are perfect for a sour taste while for a strong flavor, pepper, olives, and onions would be perfect.
- Get lots of Fiber – For a more filling meal that would boost your gut health, you should opt for fruits and veggies that contain lots of fiber. (6) You should consider fruits such as apples, pears, raspberries, and pumpkins, which are rich in fiber, and fiber-rich veggies such as broccoli, artichokes, cauliflower, and green peas.
- Low in calories and fat – With the fact that fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories and fat, you can eat a lot of it and be satisfied without being worried about adding some more calories. (7) Do you know that you could save as much as 200 calories when you eat a full cup of grapes as compared to one-quarter cup of multi-colored, button-shaped chocolates?
- Reduce the risk of cancer and other conditions – Active Phytochemicals, elements that help in protecting the body against diseases can be gotten from so many fruits and veggies. With these elements in your diet, you could reduce the risk of diseases such as stroke, high BP, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. (8) Cruciferous veggies such as collards, cabbage, watercress, and broccoli can help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Maintain good health – With the fact that fruits and veggies are low in saturated fat, sugar, and salt, they are instrumental in preventing weight gain and works as a balanced diet that fosters weight loss. (9) Did you know that fruits and veggies can also help lower cholesterol levels, inflammation, and blood pressure level?
- Contains low cholesterol and sodium – Fruits and veggies are known to contain little sodium with no trace of cholesterol at all. Celery, which contains the most sodium, is said to contain just 1 percent of the recommended daily consumption rate. (10)
- They are delicious and nutritious – Whether you like your fruits and veggies fresh, frozen, dried or even canned, you will still get to enjoy the same nutritional benefits. Frozen, dried, and canned products that are processed almost immediately after harvest still get to lock in on their nutritional value. (11)
- Act as a quick, natural snack – Unlike processed foods, you can eat most fruits and veggies in their natural form without packaging. You could easily reach out to the refrigerator to grab an apple or a banana. (12)
- Consumed in various forms – With just a blender, fruits, and ice, you could prepare a nutritious smoothie to your taste. And as a bonus tip, don’t hesitate to throw in some spinach as this would enhance the delicious taste. (13)
Making the Most of Your Fruits and Veggies – As you practice personal hygiene, don’t let the present pandemic wreck your diet. Enjoy your healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Make sure you create a weekly consumption plan to avoid wastage and prevent exhaustion. Try to be creative as you enjoy nature’s threat. Have you been making a conscious effort to eat more fruits and veggies during this pandemic? Would you like to share your weekly plan or get recommendations?
Making the Most of Your Fruits and Veggies – Click HERE to Schedule your FREE consultation with Chen Ben Asher today. I will take time to understand the reason behind your feeding pattern during this pandemic and give recommendations based on what’s happening inside your body on a cellular level, in a bid to achieve optimum results.
It’s time to win your Health Back,
I am here to support You!
Schedule Your Free Consultation.