Try this Almound Flour Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a ball.
- The ball should have a little moisture to it, but not liquid.
- Taste the mixture to make sure it has a hint of cinnamon.
- Smooth pieces of dough into pie tin with fingers until crust is made.
- Bake crust until just golden brown.
For those of us who may miss homemade pie because of gluten intolerance, this almond flour pie crust recipe is a wonderful and satisfying alternative.