- 2 cups of organic, fresh, broccoli, chopped (frozen is an option)
- 1 cups of organic, fresh, leek, chopped
- 1 large organic, fresh onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- A handful of natural, fresh basil leaves, chopped (about ½ cup)
- Salt, ground black pepper
- Cook the broccoli for about 15 minutes in boiling water with a little salt, until softened. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Chop coarse.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and fry the chopped onions and leek until golden brown. Add to the broccoli in the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a medium-heavy pan.
- Pour the pie mixture into a pan and tighten well. Fry for 5 minutes on high heat, transfer to low heat and fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn the broccoli pie on a plate and slide it back into the skillet, so that the side facing up now faces down. Fry the other side the same way.