- 1 cup dry chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 purple onions, sliced
- ½ cup of fresh lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Sumac (Sumac is a dark red powder lemony-tart spice, that can be added to your dishes, salad dressing and enrich your cuisine flavors)
- 1 / 2-1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Soak the chickpeas with water. Drain, transfer to a pot with plenty of water (without salt) and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until the grains are soft. Wash in fresh water
- Heat a wide pot and add olive oil
- Fry the onion for about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, and sumac, stir
- Bring to lower heat, steam while stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to the pot, salt and water to cover, stir.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the herbs, stir and serve as a great side dish
If you are interested in other chickpeas recipes, you can take a look at Chickpeas Hummus Paste and Chickpeas – Crispy, Crunchy, and Perfect Healthy Snack