Making granola bars is super easy and so much better than the prepackaged bars. You can control the ingredients you put in, guarantee that you provide your child a healthy snack without chemicals and preservatives. Not to mentions high fructose corn syrup and the “good source of whole grain.” This is why I planned to find a good granola bar recipe to make good granola bar at home.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 5 cups quick cooking oats (organic)
- 1 1/2 tbs. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup carob chocolate chips (option)
- 1/2 cup raisins
· In a skillet toast lightly the coconut, hemp, chia, sunflower and sesame seeds and set aside to cool.
· In a large mixing bowl mix in the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar.
· Add the syrup and then mix in the oats, raisins, chocolate chips and the toasted ingredients.
· Press into a greased 12 x 18-inch cookie sheet and bake at 350° F in an oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool slightly and cut into squares while still warm.